Bereitschaftsbeitrag

Zur Front

30. Mai 2020

On bearing life

Do not allow evil into your heart, it will make a home there.

If love can't live there, evil will do just as well.

Oh. How... How sad, mademoiselle.
I wonder whether that spiked Woody Allen's interest, he seems to be the type.

Yes, you could give your heart to revenge and be content that its spirit fills you with life, some life.

I never seriously considered giving in to that temptation, though. You may ask, why not - I shall answer.

It is, in a manner of speaking, indeed a question of the salvation of the soul. But then again, what is the salvation of my soul?
If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee?
Shades of the Flying Dutchman. No, I would never give away my power for some life, even when I'm duty-bound not to use it. This life may well be a preparation for another kind of existence, but it is not unsupervised, it is not without limits or crossing-overs here in this world, guided by existences of another kind, as it were.

Choosing some life is to perform a minor function in the flow of karma, to let oneself be woven into the fabric of passing events, it is a way to dissolve into the world. But to hold on to one's own life is to see its end. A person, though, who felt that he had no life, would gladly choose some.

Labels: , , , , , , ,