Bereitschaftsbeitrag

Zur Front

3. November 2018

On signs (updated)

That stone which fell off the Western Wall, it did so on the 23rd of July 2018. I learned about it yesterday, while reading some tripe about a snake in said location. So, I looked into my archives to see what I was doing at the time. I found the answer in the article Die Kapitulation des Weiblichen: I had entered Germany on Monday, after staying the night before in Kolberg. Not that said event needs any explanation, the metaphor of a 100 kilo stone falling on the platform for egalitarian prayer is of no uncertain semiotic content, and the whole episode demonstrates the veracity of what John wrote in Revelation 11:2
But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles
(interesting question where in the political spectrum of Israel Yohanan would fit in these days), but considering my own experiences revolving around Germany, women and stones, I can only once again testify to the authorship of God behind a seemingly mundane event.

I also stumbled over a criticism of divination. I have in fact lengthily discussed its dangers, though not under that title: When picking up premonitions, it is important not to fall into the trap of creating a world of superstition for oneself by tacitly agreeing with the idea that one's life should be arbitrary. If I remember correctly, Philip Kindred Dick has expressed the view that some people's lives simply are arbitrary, and that it is they who should consult the I Ching, a view I do not agree with (although I suspect that his words were meant in a self-deprecating way, ironising his open mindedness), and remarkably enough the I Ching itself states in Lake over Lake:
Six at the top means:

Seductive joyousness.

A vain nature invites diverting pleasures and must suffer accordingly. If a man is unstable within, the pleasures of the world that he does not shun have so powerful an influence that he is swept along by them. Here it is no longer a question of danger, of good fortune or misfortune. He has given up direction of his own life, and what becomes of him depends upon chance and external influences.
It is noteworthy that we live under the rule of Unreason (Lake), hence the hexagrams, in which the upper trigram is Lake, are the ones naturally associated with our time, and the pursuit of any system of superstitions falls under the hexagram here ending in seductive joyousness, because the world of signs without guiding principles is a world ruled by unreason itself, in which no attempt at laying the foundations of reason will ever succeed as explained in the article linked to above on the hexagram.

Having been prone twice to the current towards arbitrariness originating from oracle consultations, I've decided that that path isn't for me and made the decision to consult the I Ching in another spirit, conscious of the power my mind gives to the outcome, namely as a ritual of soul manifestation, i.e. observing, whether the outcome does indeed mirror the depths of my soul.

As such the consultation is relatively safe and mainly used as a reminder of the existence of transcendence.

In the same spirit I consider bible verses matching the timestamp of a post of mine.

The God I believe in would actually show himself and express his knowledge through minor signs like these and larger ones like that stone which fell from the Western Wall, in order to assure his followers of his guidance.

Actually, in truth, divination is the field, in which the victory of the believer over the unbeliever is quickest achieved, because it hinders a person's will the least. By allowing oneself to consider that one has supernatural powers, one opens up to changing oneself, and in the unbeliever those changes destroy him quickly, because no principles keep them in check.

And a framework like the Revelation is most important in finding a path on which signs will be followed like road signs. Without it, there would only be archaic knowledge, which had to be stirred, and the procession would be a coarse one. With it, surgical interventions become possible. Of course, the procession can't be all surgical, because then it could not be noticed and its function is communal guidance in the renewal of the belief in God, but, as I explained before, this way the public can be steered through just the right places to understand its shortcomings, starting with the most concrete things, advancing towards the higher principles.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,