Bereitschaftsbeitrag

Zur Front

1. Juni 2020

Duty in these days

When I think back to when I was six and remember the duty I felt to proceed on the path of improving the common living conditions, a path I shared with many others, I feel like dirt, for what duty is there to proceed on my current path?

But let me go through the numbers:
  1. righteousness,
  2. openness,
  3. valour,
  4. mastery,
  5. dutifulness,
  6. charity,
  7. gratitude.
1. Studying the nature of things.
2. Sharing my metaphysical experiences.
3. Following the path laid out in the Revelation.
4. Living according to my teaching.
5. Reaping the fruits of my path.
6. Explaining what is broken.
7. Acknowledging beauty.

Duty enough for me. Yet I don't feel like laying it on anyone else.
And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
I'm not saying I'm one of them, but the choir is exclusive, their ancestors have been sealed by the Alhambra Decree and they, besides being Christian, are virgins. It just so happens that remarkably close to 144000 Jews did convert to Christianity during the Iberian Inquisition. But only because the Revelation is literally true it doesn't mean that it is not at the same time a guiding metaphor, or differently put, only because something is a miracle doesn't mean that it cannot be a sign at the same time. And the sign says: Let them learn their duty on their own. No one can teach it to the common man.

But while this account may sound grandiose, it describes quite the opposite: a shameful separation from the hearts of the people of good faith - though, if they were bright enough, having the light, no Christian would seek the light elsewhere.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,