Bereitschaftsbeitrag

Zur Front

28. Juni 2021

Mõmm, mõmm, mõmm, mõmm, nutab karujõmm.

Phew! (Again.) So, I was walking through the forest towards the river and I got sadder and sadder until I decided to turn left and go back to my car. After about 100 metres I heard and then saw some medium sized well clawed mammal, about 20 metres to my left, running up a pine up to about 6 metres height. Initially I felt lucky to have stumbled upon it, and I wondered whether it could be a wolverine, never seen a wolverine, but it should be about that size, but then my thoughts turned to: "Grandmother, what a cute round belly you have! Grandmother, what cute round ears you have!" until I felt really rather unlucky. Can't run from her, can't climb to safety, can't frighten her, can't fight her. Hmm. Well, she must be around here somewhere, but I haven't seen or heard her yet. Supposing she hasn't smelled me yet, I'd be safest on the way I came. I quietly ran the first 50 metres, but it took me a full hour to get back to my car. But back I got and now I'm typing this from the relative safety of my home. Anyway, visitors of the place will recognise the characteristic pattern of the trails, so I leave this here as a warning:
There is a herd of cows on the other side of the river. I had earlier noticed two ravens sitting on a pine near the picnic place, retreating to the north-west. I had thought then of a possible carcass in the area, but oddly enough neither of wolves nor bears. If mama bear had attacked the cows, she might have even gotten herself killed. Well, so may have the three grandmothers whom I saw looking for mushrooms when I entered the woods. It's a popular place, famous for its mushrooms.

Labels: , ,